jusleen
jusleen, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Family Solicitor practising family law since 1999. Member of resolution.
21749110

I need to renew the request . Do I

Customer Question

I need to renew the request for directions for trial. Do I have to complete another d8od
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  jusleen replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes you would need to complete a form D80D again as that is your statement in support of your application for directions for decree nisi.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The original d080 states we separated in 2010 which is correct and we gave the exs address from this date but the judge States on the d79 that I said we separated in 2001. Also that the exhibit d80d was not properly marked.
What do I do about the dates as my d 808 say we separated in 2010. What does he mean the exhibit isn't properly marked.
Expert:  jusleen replied 1 year ago.
In the D80D you must clarify the date of separation. It may be that in the petition you referred to one date and on the D80D another date. For the exhibit this is the acknowledgment of service form that your husband filed. On the top of that document you must write "this is the exhibit "A" referred to in the statement of (your name)"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great thank you. So just one more question. If I did state the incorrect date for the petition being 2001, when I fill the new d80d form I will put the correct date in and send a covering letter to state it is 2010 which is correct. Will this be ok for the judge or shall I get my ex to write in and confirm as well.
Expert:  jusleen replied 1 year ago.
Hi you wouldn't need your husband to write to the court. What you propose is fine. I hope this is ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thank you how long will it take before the final divorce is through
Expert:  jusleen replied 1 year ago.
Once the judge approves your special procedure application the matter will be listed for the pronouncement of the decree nisi formally in court. You would not be required to attend the hearing. The hearing will be listed within 2-6 weeks from the date the special procedure application is approved. 6 weeks and 1 day after the decree nisi you will be entitled to apply for the decree absolute. I hope this assists.
Expert:  jusleen replied 1 year ago.
Hi there please rate my answer so that I can be credited for my time. If you require any further follow up you will not be charged extra for this. Kind regards