Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I am in the process of divorcing my husband. He left me last

Customer Question

I am in the process of divorcing my husband. He left me last October for somebody else and they are now living together. I am still in the marital home, the mortgage is in joint names and is on the market for £185,000 with the expectation of receiving offers of £180,000. The outstanding amount of our mortgage is just under £75,000 and we have a joint consolidation loan that will need to be paid back which is £18,000. I have tried to negotiate an agreement with him about the split of the equity but he will not accept anything other than 50/50. He has also refused to go to mediation. My question is, if we sell and exchange before reaching an agreement what will happen to the equity? Can it stay with the conveyancing solicitor indefinitely?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.How long have you lived together and are there any children involvedWhat other assets are there and what income do you each haveClare