How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13455
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Residence Order granted in Jan 2011 son

Customer Question

I have a Residence Order granted in Jan 2011 for my son & daughter. Daughter decided 2 weeks ago that she doesn't want to comply with the boundaries set in place to keep her safe and walked out and went to her dad's, with whom she has had only letterbox contact for the last 8 years. He went on holiday a few days later and left her with a friend..
I have contacted the police and social services to try to get her returned home and have been told that this is a civil matter, and that there is no welfare concern.
What do I do? I am desperate for her to come home where she is loved, well looked after and safe, but she is refusing she's 13)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is she still attending school?
What was the actual problem?

Related UK Family Law Questions