Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I�ve made payments specified under a Consent Order

Customer Question

I�ve made payments specified under a Consent Order for over 26 years to my ex wife who has never worked to earn a salary and has not remarried. I live in UK, she has lived in Spain in her own house mortgage free for many years. I pay her �500 per month.There are no dependent children.
I'm self employed and have cancer. My last piece of work was in June 2014. I have had no income since then. Also, I have no capital, no private pension and a mortgage of �360,000 on my house. Equity is estimated at �200,000. I have no other capital.
So I cannot continue to work nor to pay my ex-wife under the consent order dated 1990. I have asked her to make a joint application to the Court to have the Order discharged in return for a small payment but she refuses.
I also cannot afford a solicitor. First, how do I apply to the Court in UK to have the consent Order discharged? Second how do I have this heard in a different Court to the one in which the Order was made?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does the Order specify any end date at all?
Clare