Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I bought the house in London on 2005. On 2010 I divorced

Customer Question

Hello! I bought the house in London on 2005. On 2010 I divorced and moved out oh house.I have got new family and renting separate house. In the house witch I own living my ex wife. She each month pays cash in my bank account for mortgage,and money going for mortgage lender from my account by direct debit.The mortgage is just interest only.Mortgage outstanding is £186000 and house price now is around £314000 .On mortgage is just my name there is not my ex wife's name. But she got Land Register.How much I own in percentage the profit of house? Or have I lost it?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long were you living together and do you have any children with her?
What other assets do you each have and what income do you each have
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We been living together for 20 years, don't have any children.
There is no assets only the house we both together 10 years ago, my annual income is 35000, as of my ex wife so she is not working got her income by renting 2 rooms in our house and also she made illegal nursery in the property, looking after children as of my knowledge she's been receiving disability benefits for some time not sure now.Kind Regards
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
How old is your ex and what work skills does she have?
In what way is she disabled?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex is 56 years old worked as accountant 20 years ago back in our country, because of poor English she didn't have any employment here in England . She live here since 1999. After our separation she had operation on her foot that's all I know. Many thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
How much does a one bedroom property in the same general area as the matrimonial home cost to buy?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One bedroom property in the area cost approximately 180000.Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
Thank you for that - what was the date of the Decree Absolute and have you remarried since then?
Clare