Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Claire,I received a telephone call from CAFCASS this

Customer Question

Hi Claire,
I received a telephone call from CAFCASS this morning telling me that I have to attend court next Tuesday. I have not received a letter as apparently the address they were given was wrong. She said the case was to enforce contact between my 7 year old son and his father.
She asked me lots of questions and I took out my diary and gave her examples of the situations during contact over the last year (since the last court order) as I find it difficult to explain what has gone on.
After having heard everything, she said she is going to make a full investigation including talking to my son and contacting the school and doctor.
I am so worried about the additional pressure that will be put on my son, especially because he seems to be feeling a lot better lately (he has stopped vomiting as he did when he was coming back from visits with his father and he is happy again in school as his teacher asked to see her in November as she was very concerned as my son was not completing work and drawing sad faces with tears in his school work).
My son has been going less often to contact over the last couple of months and I am scared of what they will say to me. To be clear, I have always told my son that he should go to contact but it's so difficult to force him when I have to witness the state he gets into every time. He was hating Saturdays and kept asking is it Saturday tomorrow?
I feel so helpless as I feel as though I am failing as a mother because I can't protect my son from this heartache and immense pressure on him.
Could you please give me an idea of what the court will say on Tuesday?
Many thanks, ***** apologise for the rambling.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How often has he missed contact?
Why does he not wish to see his father?
Clare