Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I've contacted a solicitor about seeing my grandchildren.

Customer Question

I've contacted a solicitor about seeing my grandchildren. Solicitor has contacted my daughter about attending a meidation session and informed her that I would pay for her to attend. My daughter keeps on severing contact with us whenever the mood takes her for no apparent reason. Although to justify her actions she tells lies. She has also severed contact with her brother and his girlfriend and her family. My grandchildren don't see their paternal grandparents either. She said that she would attend a mediation session in two months time. In the meantime the solicitor has said that she will send me a C100 form. I'm unsure as to why my daughter has said two months to attend a mediation session. I feel that maybe she has seeked some professional advice and would I have to reapply for a C100 form after two months and what if she delays it further by saying the children are ill etc. Can I request for her to attend mediation session in a months time otherwise I'm going to court. I last saw my grandchildren in December briefly when I attended my grandson's nativity play and before that it was October.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and have you attended your Mediation intake meeting?
Clare