Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I have an interim non-molestation order against my ex

Customer Question

Hello, I have an interim non-molestation order against my ex partner until final hearing on 27/05/2015. I am not represented for the hearing as I cannot afford the costs. I am high risk for DV, there have been 2 maracs, soon to be a third, Social services
assessments where he has admitted being a perpetrator of DV and I have evidenced the above with police disclosure, text messages and emails from him. He is a police officer and very good at manipulating things. His solicitor is refusing to accept my statements
for the hearing because she says I ran over the time in which I was meant to serve them,, however I applied to The court for an extension and my understanding was that as long as it was all served 7 days before the hearing it would be ok, this is my error
as it is only police disclosure I could disclose 7 days before the hearing( I have everything over 14 days before the hearing). I have explained this misunderstanding to his solicitor but she is still refusing to accept the documents and is trying to bully
me into accepting an undertaking. She has also sent me a summary and glassary of his court bundle and asked me to agree it's content, but the information on it is not correct and I do not agree, what do I say back? Also do you think it's likely he will get
off I'm so worried Kind regards Kelly
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question
My name is Clare
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first?
Have you checked your eligibility for legal aid?
Clare