Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Can i ask you a question about decree nisi

Customer Question

can i ask you a question about decree nisi
Category: UK Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the applicant and have my decree nisi accepted on 25th march 2015
When can the respondent apply for the decree absolute - is it 3 months, 6 weeks and 1 day after the 25th march 2015?
I also want to know if I can get the decree nisi recinded if i need to - on the basis that my husband (respondent) is refusing to enter ANY financial agreement via full disclosure OR consent order - the delaying of the decree absolute is the only thing I have to buy me more time to get the financial agreement sorted out - once the actual divorce and decree absolute is granted I think that there is even less chance of me getting a financial agreement. I have legal representation but he does not. We have three children
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you b
You are correct - that is exactly how long it is before he can apply BUT you can oppose the application if no financial agreement has been reached.
The Decree Nisi cannot be rescinded on those grounds BUT you can force the financial issues by making an application to the court - which is how such matters are meant to be resolved.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare