Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

My marriage has been in trouble years and last

Customer Question

hi my marriage has been in trouble for many years and last summer I had a brief fling/affair. I confessed to my husband I think around the beginning of December and we have been trying to work things out since. However it is now u repairable and he is filing for divorce on the grounds of adultery this I am alright with but he is insisting on naming the man as I told him all the details he asked for at the time as we were intent on giving it a go and he needed it to move on. Many things have happened including forced sex although I can't call it rape as I didn't actually say no just let it happen and verbal and sexual intimidation and abuse all of wish I took as he reasoned it because of what I did. That aside my problem is him insisting on naming the man as he has found out his number where he lives etc and he needs to be held account for what he did!!! Can I prevent this is it worthwhile ? What would actually happen I will have to contact him to let him know embarrassing and humiliating for me... Obviously the point I guess!! How long do I have to respond when I get the petition and will I have to agree before one is sent to the co respondent? Thanks
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Strange question I know - but does your husband have anything in writing from you confirming the adultery?
Clare