Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

The father of my child is taking me back to court we have a

Customer Question

The father of my child is taking me back to court we have a court order in place which just states both parties to agree, which was in December since then he had a new partner and she doesnt like him around myself, my daughter Doesnt know her dad well as he id hardly around she won't go to him at all he hasnt seen her in a month and has told me he wants the court order changed. My daughter is only two, will the courts force her to go with him when she doesnt want ti know him and what will the do?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Why did it go to court last time?
What contact does he actually have at the moment?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
We went to court last time as the father of my child wanted contact without me present, which was totally fine with me. When we went to court he had broke up with his gf and it came out she did not want Sean to have anything to do with me as they had trust issues, it also came out there relationship had domestic violence this all happened at CAFCASS meeting my daughter Doesnt have a strong bond with her dad and ive tried so hard but he is just not around he hasnt seen Alice for q month
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The contact he has is Tuesday and Saturday and knows he can have more he only has ti ask, but he is going hack to court again he is also back with his previous partner, and all communication has come to and end between us he has told me he is not allowed round me, and wants to take Alice which he knows is fine with me Alice is only two and really doesnt trust him she screams if he takes her, she doesnt do that with anyone else, the impact he is having on Alice is terrible, the fact I've seen the change when he is with his gf and when he isn't, when he wasn't we were like work colleges he was being a dad and things were good the court praised us both and Sean for relising the impact of his new gf on our daughter and that's why the order said both parties to agree. I don't know what to expect the second time round at court, surely he won't just get he wants to suit his gf, will the courts look at the fact he is not around and Alice clearly doesnt want to go I don't want to give her anxiety and push her just so his gf is happy me and Sean have no contact?
Please help
Thank you