Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Hi My ex and I have a court order for him to pay me 700 pounds

Hi
My ex and I have a court order for him to pay me 700 pounds per month child maintenance (he doesn't support me at all as we had similar incomes when we split) and 50/50 agreement on school fees payments for our two children.

He's taken on a mortgage with his girlfriend and now claims " something has to give" and is threatening to stop either maintenance or school fees. What is my situation? Can I force him through the courts? He is loaded with debts and lies constantly. He's also late paying his share of this terms fees which I'm being chased for. Can the CSA help or.....?

Thanks
Jo
Hi
Thank you for your question
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first
When was the order made and what income does your ex have?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was made in 2010 and I don't know now but at the time he was on around 65k and I have no reason to believe it's changed downwards since for any reason
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need help with the question and am waiting for a response...
Hi
My apologies for the delay
Your ex cannot stop paying either the maintenance or the School fees unless he applies to the Court for an Order varying the Maintenance or dismissing the School fees Order.
Until he does then you can enforce the Order against him in one of the ways set out here
http://www.familylaw.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0002/1197/EX327.pdf
It is not ikely that the court will reduce the Order unless his income has reduced since 2010
Alternatively you can apply to the CSA for an assessment and if he is still earning what he did in 2010 then the Maintenance calculation is likely to be the same
You would still need to enforce the School Fees Order however
I hope that this is of assistance, please ask if you need further details
Claire