Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law

Duxbury amount

Hi, I'm a solicitor but specialise in a non-family area of law. My sister has an inheritance act claim (unmarried partner recently deceased) and I'd like to check the Duxbury calculation that her solicitor has provided her with. She is 39 now (37 at the time of partner's death) and needs an additional annual income of £11,600. I don't know if Duxbury takes into account any other relevant factors, but it would be extremely helpful to get a lump sum figure for this basic information. Many thanks if you can help! AB

Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you.
The Duxbury Calculations have fallen out of use in the last few years in Family Law and accordingly are no longer automatically available in all Family law offices and they are not available online.
However it is not unreasonable to ask her solicitors to provide a copy of the appropriate page failing which a call to a local Chambers will almost certainly render you a faxed copy
I hope that this is of assistance - and it is just her age and sex that are relevant to the calculation
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Claire, thanks for replying.

Is there an alternative method that had replaced the Duxbury calculations?

And if not, does Duxbury break it down to the exact age and amount needed, or just every 5 years and every £5,000 for example? (e.g. 35 y.o., 40 y.o., 45 y.o.; and £10k, £15k, £20k etc.)

You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.