Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience

My wifes 2002 consent order states that her ex husband must

My wife's 2002 consent order states that her ex husband must pay maintenance until her son finishes secondary education. Her son, aged 16, has just finished his GCSE's and is going to start his A Levels in September. However, her ex husband has stopped paying saying that their son has now finished secondary education.

Everything I have researched states that post March 2003 secondary education includes ages 16-19 if still in full time education (i.e. doing A Levels). Is this definition of Secondary Education the same for pre March 2003 orders?

Thank you
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

You are spot on. A levels up to the age of 19 years would be included within the definition of 'secondary education'.

I hope this helps