Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

how to write supporting letter after you overstayed

Customer Question

Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Where are you please? Are you in the UK or outside of the UK?

Please may I have details of the circumstances which led to the overstay?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

, I have been in the UK for 12 years now and 2 years of my life when i moved here i had my papers sorted out , Then i made a bad Mistake tried to use a lawyer who was later identified to be boggers and not registered to practise , when i went to her office she wasn't found anymore and lost my passports
Since then its been bad took me long to obtain a passport from zimbabwe , I have 2 children and a stepchild, and been married for the last 3 years , My wife has refugee status we are married, I received a letter from Home office stating I needed to send all relevant documents to them under the scheme, they later replied in February 2013 after 2 years of waiting and advised that they had made a mistake and didn't qualify for that scheme and now they have sent me a letter stating I needed to be removed from this country but had to fill any reasons why i should be allowed to stay or be considered to stay in this country
this has stressed me out cause it took time and will this make it difficult, am applying for discreationary leave , i havent been back home for 12 years as i have no family ties and fear for my life due to political reasons and fear to be returnened . need help writting a letter of support under article 8, as i see my life being and plan to stay here with my family

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid that if it is the case that you want specific help with regard to making an application under Article 8, then this really is something that you need to see a solicitor about in the normal way by instructing them in person.

This is a general question and answer site, your question is very, very specific and, frankly, I do not think you would give yourself anywhere near as good a chance of regularising your stay if you attempted to make the application yourself.

Would you like me to requset a refund, or opt out so that the question will be open for others (possibly, unlikely) to answer?

I am sorry.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would you like me to requset a refund

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Refund requested.