Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Hello, Im currently paying my ex girlfriend through CSA, I

Customer Question

Hello, Im currently paying my ex girlfriend through CSA, I was in a staff role but now have set up a limited company (this was already in progress before the CSA got intouch aso has nothing to do with trying to save money). My ex is not hapy with the new calculated amount which was based on me being on a minimum wage (141 per week) and paying no TAX or NI. I was told however that they would be intouch once my company was on its feet to do a variation on dividends. This never happened and the next thing I have a letter saying I am going to a tribunal. Whilst this s going on, I am still paying my daughter £115 a month so she can buy clothes, transport etc. Ive been told that there is a back log in tribunals and it could take upto a year to progress, I dont want to wait a year to be told I should of been paying more and then be hit with a huge arreared debt? I have always provided for my daughter and it seems my ex is fabricating information to extract as much money from me as possible. My buisness pays dividends to both me and my wife as she is a shareholder. cCan my wifes dividends be taken into account? Thanks in advance

Phil
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
What was your wife's investment in or contribution to the business?
When did you first receive dividends?
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, firstly my ex wasnt my wife and has nothing to do with my business. It is my current wife who is a 50/50 shareholder and does my books,secreterial work and sources new work for me. I first received diviends 3 weeks after I started my new business so near the end of june 2013. Phil
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
It was indeed your current wife's contribution that I was referring to.
have you declared the amount received in Dividends to the CSA and asked for a re-assessment?
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent had chance to. I was told they would intouch within 3 months to re-assess as I wouldnt know what dividends i was going to take untill my business was up and running. Instead of re-assessing me they have jumped straight to tribunal?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
Have you calculated how much you should be paying based on your dividends
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive tried to tell csa about my dividends over the phone but there just saying dont worry. Everything is in order you, been open with us and have done the right thing, you wont end up in debt. It will get sorted on your tax year end next year.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
But have you done the calculation so that you know where you stand?
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.