Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law

i am going to marry a south african i need to secure my assets,

i am going to marry a south african i need to secure my assets, we will marry and live in UK what are my options?
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you.
Whilst Pre-Nuptial Agreements have not been part of the English Legal System in the past they are becoming more accepted than before.
Provided such an Agreement is properly drafted, both sides are separately legally advised and the agreement is signed at least 28 days prior to the marriage and represents a reasonable settlement then it is likely that a family court in the UK would accept it - especially as it is in fact part of the normal matrimonial system in South Africa.
You can read more here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when you say he seeks independant legal advice do you mean as to the terms and the conditions of the pre nup that has been drafted?? I know that a pre nup can be overidden in a court of law under what circimstances are they likely to do this?

Yes he will need to take advice on the terms of the Pre nup.
Provided all the conditions I outlines are met there is little chance of the court overturning it