Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Hi, I need help with Part 6 (Statement of Case) of the D8 form.

Hi, I need help with Part 6 (Statement of Case) of the D8 form. We have made a mutual agreement to separate and they only box that comes close to our circumstance is "the respondent has behaved in such a way that the petitioner cannot reasonably be expected to live with the respondent" Can you give an example of how to fill this section out?
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Please explain your situation a bit more.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am currently trying to complete part 6 of the D8 divorce application, it has already been returned back to me twice and now I'm only stuck on this section. Me and my wife have mutually agreed to part and Im wondering what information they require for it to be accepted.

Hi
Thank you for your question
The problem is that those opening words negate the entire ground and MUST be removed.
The ground is that one party has behaved in such a way that the other party should not have to live with them
It does not have to be appalling behaviour
Maybe your wife is ALWAYS late - it is embarrassing
Maybe she refuses to go to YOUR family do's - also embarrassing
maybe she is bad with money/goes out with her mates etc etc
If all else fails maybe she always squeezes the toothpaste in the middle
Your need about four paragraphs and you should try and give a recent example if appropriate
I hope that this is of assistance -please ask if you need further details
Claire
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience: 25 years experience of all aspects of family law