Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I have filed divorce petition at the court based on unreasonable

Customer Question

I have filed divorce petition at the court based on unreasonable behavioue however I have not seen my ex since last year Feb 2012.
We have been seperated since Jan 2009 but married since December 2006, we have one five year old child, we had a court arrangement which obviously different from the divorce.
Right now I am focusing on the divorce for now and I heard from the courts and they said I had to wait 14 days to hear from my ex.
This has now lapsed more than 3 weeks, I now want to fill in an D013B form based on missing spouse All his mobile phones switched of went to his address no longer there. He was orignally based in Nigeria but due to our marriage was granted stay here, have contacted family no avail. I need to know what else to do to let the courts I have taken all the necessary steps to contact him.
I am doing the divorce on my own due to lack of funds.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
HI
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but need some further information first.
If you believe that he may still be in the UK then for completeness you should instruct an Enquiry Agent to try and trace him
Once you have this report you can detail that, plus the attempts that you have made to contact his family - and ask for service to be dispensed with
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details
Claire