Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

My ex has changed his solicitor and says he hasnt done his

My ex has changed his solicitor and says he hasn't done his Form E and they are applying for an extension. Now what happens? Will this go against him when we finally go to Court?
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Can you please explain your situation a bit more?
Hi
The fact that he has changed Solicitors will not be seen as a good reason for his failure to complete the Form E
However it is likely that extra time will be given - so agree to 21 days but subject to a penal notice - meaning that he can be sent to prison if he fails to produce it - and ask for a costs order for the wasted hearing
Claire
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience: 25 years experience of all aspects of family law