Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law

My ex has been threatening that if I dont accept his offer

My ex has been threatening that if I don't accept his offer nobody will get anything and he will not pay the mortgage and it will be repossessed. Should I tell my solicitor about this threat or ignore it? His offer was a bit better but he still won't give me all the money at once. He is offering £40,000 now plus his part of sale of building plot and the rest next year. He says that if it goes to sale he isn't going to do anything to help the sale and he will lose it! Don't forget he has been violent in the past and this could drive him to do so again. What should I do?
Thank you for your question I will do my best to help
Remind me i though it was the rent paid by your parents that covered the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The tenant next door and my mum in the annexe but the tenant is 4 months behind with the rent and my mum is refusing to pay because they gave him £5000 to build the annexe and they don't think they will get it back thats why he is playing up. There is no way I can accept half the money when I need to rehouse myself.

Then do not accept it.
Say that you will deal with the sale of the house and ask the court to hive you conduct of the sale - and if he still plays up to make him vacate the property
Do not accept the offer unless it is 60% of the assets!