Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Hello Claire, its Sean, do you still remember my case?

Hello Claire, it's Sean, do you still remember my case?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sean
I do indeed
How are things?
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Trying my best Claire,

3 day FOF starts tomorrow. My solicitor requested a "transcript" of the taped Police interview from 19 years ago because as you know, I am not

happy about it because I was not asked these very serious abuse questions. Got a reply just over a week ago and this is what it says:

"I have reviewed the information requested and can confirm that there is no transcript of interview relating to Police interview of Mr X on file". "The only document available is a summary of the interview, which has already been provided".

Can you believe this Claire? I did a "voluntary 26 minute interview where I did not have to answer any questions and could leave at any time". Attached was the statement of 25 rapes!!! Something very seriously wrong here!!!

The "summary" has no questions or answers. Just starts off by saying ALL allegations were put to Mr X

I know they did not and now I got a Police letter saying there is no transcript!!!

Kind Regards

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
It does not surprise me at all - no transcript was kept because it was not seen as important in any way shape or form - something I am sure your barrister will point out.
Stay calm tomorrow and do not allow your ex or your sister to wind you up - which they will try very very hard to do
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My Solicitor says I can ask for adjournment tomorrow if I want. And get a Court order sent to Police to send the "master-tape". If they say they do not have it then I think these whole Police disclosures should not be allowed to be used.

how can I go on the stand to defend myself, when v important things are not there. To me it is too convenient for Police to say that they do not have transcript. That tape would prove that these very serious allegations were never put to me.

What do you think Claire?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
If that is what your solicitor is suggesting then listen to her/him.
Claire
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience: 25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Claire, The FOF finished on Wednesday and it was a terrible ordeal. I was four hours on the stand. Most of it was to make me out to be a sexual pervert and peeping tom. My sisters and her husbands statement said I had peep holes in my bathroom at first marital home in 1983. My ex has also said that she believes that I was peeping on her when I "forced" her to masturbate. These things are the only thing that the Judge asked me about. Our daughter and the "grooming" was only mentioned for ten minutes throughout the whole time. My Solicitor is not working today. Judge has asked us back for another two days on 25th and 26th. The FOF finished with my testimony. I know they need time to deliberate but my Solicitor does not understand why it would take two days. I am very worried about this peeping tom thing because I have seen on PC that some people got 5 years on sex offenders register. The previous Judge ordered (again) at the last FOF for the two Police forces to send the tapes and transcripts of the interview in 1994. If the tapes could still not be found, he also ordered the Police officer who took the interview, to attend. All three of these orders were ignored and not even a single written reply. The Judge that we had all along took ill and a Recorder was there on Monday. He said "I'm sure that the Police have better things to do than to continue looking for a Sean ....... tape from 1994 and I am ordering the FOF to carry on with the Police file in its format". I fell to pieces and left the Court. I know this was the wrong thing to do, but I strongly feel that those tapes would have helped my case as Police did not put these very serious allegations to me. On the second day the Recorder heard my ex and my sister. At the end of the day he invited me to attend on Wednesday. I did this. I apologised profoundly to the Judge and stated that the tapes were of the utmost importance to my case, and that's why I fell to pieces. Three quarters of my time on the stand were about the Police file. The file only has a "summary" of the taped interview and NO questions and answers. This is why I found this file so terribly unfair. The peeping tom thing for sexual kicks is really worrying me. Do you think the Judge will see me as a sexual pervert and stop me seeing my daughter?

Kind Regards

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Is the Judge going straight to the Contact application hearing?
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Claire, Sorry I don't know what you mean. He asked if there were any more witnesses and both sides said no. He just said he would need about one and a half days before he could make his decision, as soon as possible when it suited counsel and for us all to attend.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Has he said that he will deal with the Contact at the same time?
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure Claire. When I spoke to my Solicitor yesterday she seemed to be suggesting that, but she couldn't understand why he needed so much time. Maybe he wants to put me and ex on stand again, I really don't know. Why do you think he needs so much time?

Just received letter from my Solicitor and says "your matter has been part heard and listed for further two days, 25th and 26th Sept"

Regards

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
To need that much time it does suggest that he is going straight into a hearing about how much contact you should have - which is good from your point of view
Claire
Clare, Family Solicitor