Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I am sad

Customer Question

I am a Hungarian woman, I live here 16 month.

Here is my bankaccount with my partner's address and I got a paper I want to vote or don't.

We are argued and he want to kick me withouth money... etc.

He can do that? Thank you!

He are threatening me, mumiliate me and a few times hit me, too.

Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question
I shall try and help you but I need some further information first.
What is your immigration status?
Are there any children involved?
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Claire,

I am Hungarian, EU Citizen. Not more.

When I arrived here in UK I gave up my journalist work at Hungarian Public Television (like BBC here) and I was a presenter in a radio. I have two Bsc and one Msc.

I was in love, I gave up everything and I moved here.

We haven't common children but my partner has 4. He told me if I got pregnancy I have to go back Hungary with my bastard. (Earlier he told me if I want we will have a common children.) Nowadays his opinion changed but we don't use contraception yet... (He outrages me often because I am 40y.o. and I haven't kid. I had ovary tumor... for example that's the reason. but if he wants to hurt me it's also a reason.)

The 2 youngest with us regularly but the two older also with us often.

I cleaned the house, I cooked sometimes, I was shopping food for all family… etc.

I don’t feel I got back love. He gives me money but everybody can see in my bank account. I spent to food for the family. 2-3 times I was at hair-dresser.

(I have bank account because my partner told at the bank I live here permanently. He pays more house tax because I live here – I saw the paper -, and I got a form than I can vote here. I think because I live here permanently. I have home doctor here and I give free medicine for my thyroid problem because I live here permanently but I don’t know the rules.)

A lot’s of time my partner told at the dinner table I am a bloody foreign or f**king Hungarian.

A few times the kids told it’s not fair.

My partner has alcohol problem.

He loose the temper, he is shouting and happened when hit me.

I told my partner “don’t drink to much” when the kids are here. He was a few times that drunk: I gave food to the kids or I went to the school early morning with them.

I am here until last June… Every month in the last six-seven months when I have to pack and he says I have to go back Budapest because I am a fat ass or stupid cow… And I am lazy.

I don1t say I am a brilliant housekeeper but I am working here in the house or around a hose lot. He didn’t see it.

I lost my self-esteem, I am depressed a few time and I have defenselessness what he knows and he uses.

Today morning he was shouting with me because I applied a job what is 200 miles far from here. He was threatening me if I will work there I loose them.

Never-ever spoke with me a person like my partner… I am bitch, I came from barbarian country, he reviles my country Hungary… etc. I don’t want to write what he says often. Here in this letter I used enough scurrility what I am shaming!)

Regards,

Andrea

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Do you wish to end the relationship?
Are you able to maintain yourself?
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no because I gave up my work in Hungary.

I am ready to split but I don't think my more than one year work (and a lot of humiliating, hurting, and the few hit) isn't a subject of contract.

If I see I have chance to get money when I move out: I move. I haven't money now, I am in a trap.

He is a rich person. He told me earlier he pays a course for me (chiropodist) and when we split gives money. 6-8-10.000 phounds.

Of course now he doesn't want to pay only kick me to the street.

Regards,

Andrea

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
I am afraid that since you are not married you have no financial claim on your ex at all despite the way that he has treated you.
He cannot simply throw you out of the property - he has to give you "reasonable written notice" to leave - at least 28 days - and if he does not you can apply to the Court for an order allowing you to return.
I am sorry not to give you more positive financial news - but you can get help in escaping from his behaviour via the Charity Womens Aid - www.womensaid.org.uk
Please ask if you need further details
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Claire,

so you say me that he cannot kick me one day to other day to the street. He has to write an official paper to me and give me 28 days... ?

Regards,

Andrea

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
That is correct - if he does you can get a Court Order that you can go back
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Regards,

Andrea

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
You are most welcome - good luck
Claire
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience: 25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Claire,

I wrote earlier your answe was excellent.

And what happened today? He called the police and kicked me to the street.

The police told me I am not tenant.

Oh, really? I am his partner (Or I was...) I lived there more than 1 year...

Is it the law? Who protect me????

Regards,

Andrea

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Claire,

you told me, he can not drop me to street. Unfortunetlly yesterday ha call the police and they forced me to move from there,

Please help!

Andrea

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.
Hi
You are not a tenant but you do have the right to be given reasonable notice to leave in writing and as a Cohabitee you can apply to the Family Court for the right to return there - and forcing him to leave while you do it
Please phone Womens Aid
0808 2000 247
And get some help
Claire
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

thank you for your answer. I understand but I' like to ask, wether my partner can drop me now immediately to the road and then I have right for apply in writing

or

there are no lelgal base at all (regardless I or he wrote any notice) to drop me out without taking care me?

Andrea

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.
Hi
In Civil Family law you can apply for the right to return to the property for a few weeks whilst you have time to find somewhere else to live.
However you have no claim to any maintenance from him - just the right to remain in the house for long enough to rehouse yourself
Claire
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Claire,

the last question:

is it was enough strong reason to complaine about the police action and his action as he called behind my back the police on Sunday evening. And policeman told me I must leave the house now because the relationship is over today (on Sunday) and the owner doesn't want me to be here.

Thank you,

Andrea

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.
Hi
Personally I would complain - but get the support of Womens Aid to do so
Claire
Clare, Family Solicitor
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you Claire!

I got tip because really thank you your help.

How couls I contact you personally?

Or if it isn't possible, the next time how can I choose you here in this page?

Thank you!

Andrea

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.
Hi
Thank you very much for the tip - it was generous when you are facing so much difficulty
Sadly we are not allowed to have contact outside of this forum - but if you use my name in any question "For Claire" it will get to me!
Claire