Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law

I am currently making payments through the CSA for my son who

I am currently making payments through the CSA for my son who turns 18 next week. On 1st September he travels to Uganda to start a gap year as a volunteer for a charitable organization, teaching in a primary school.

Am I still liable to make payments until he is 19? If so, can the payments be made to his account rather than to his mother, who obviously wont be caring for him during the next year.

My query to the CSA simply asked to update them in September but I would like the issue resolved before he goes if possible.

Many thanks for your help.
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to help you.
Your liability ends in September as your son has now left full time secondary education
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer which confirms my own thoughts.

Can I simply cancel the Direct Debit to CSA or do I have to wait for them to notify me that payments will stop in September?

I would suggest that you cancel them after the payment in September has been taken - saves problems recovering it later