Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hi Tom, I have completed almost all the documents required,

Hi Tom,
I have completed almost all the documents required, finally, including my bank statements; however I am paid annually, not monthly, and my statements show cash funds over £20k+ last deposit in Feb 2013
My employer has provided a letter stating that I am paid at the end or start of the year, based on the previous year’s performance, on investment and commodity trades executed, on behalf of our UHNW clients for the company, which I have been with for12 years.
My Private bank have also provided me with a letter on their headed paper stating that I am a private client, and that I meet the terms and conditions required to have such an account, which is an income of £100,000 GBP, or £75,000 in saving and investments. They have finally ended the letter that my total deposit income for 2012, was £245,000 and this year to date my income is £86,000.

Will this support my document? Any advice would be appreciated
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

I’m afraid that your situation is a bit unusual. When situations are unusual it’s quite difficult to predict the outcome I’m afraid. Not many people actually get paid annually.

The key is corroborating your annual payments. I should think that the employment contract that you have with your employer which contains the job role, duties and salary would be the most appropriate thing to submit with your application, along with the letter from your employer that you refer to

Provided that your employer salary payments tally with the deposits actually made in to the bank then it should be okay. You have to show in the clearest possible terms that this is genuinely payment of salary in a slightly unsual way, rather than capital savings based payments. Generally performance related payments can be a source of debate.

It’s difficult for me to confirm because were I acting for you I would be able to sit down with documents and form a stronger view. My feeling is that it’s a bit of a 50:50 situation on determination by the UKBA but with a substantially better chance on appeal

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do have the employment contract which contains the job role, duties and salary along with the letter from your employer that you refer to

I can confirm the my employer salary payments tally with the deposits actually made into my bank, for which I have the bank statements as evidence. My income has been performance related for the last 12 years, with an average income of £100,000 + per annum in commissions, for which I have all the statements and pay slips.

With regards XXXXX XXXXX Appendix 2 VAF, Part 3A) it asks if I am employed in the UK which I am not, so I have completed Part 3, although, I do not have a new job offer in the UK, as I will be continuing employment with my current employer, working from home, and visiting clients worldwide for meetings when needed, so in theory my position and duties have not and will not have changed, what so ever. I am including a supporting letter with clarify this, and an additional letter from my employer to confirm this.

Can you please advise if I should include anything else, and if you think this is ok?

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

In the cirumstances given your slightly unsually employment arrangement I would say that you are well placed. It appears that you have thought sufficiently about your position and documented it accordingly.

It does sound as if you have thought of eveything and nothing further springs to mind.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor