Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law

Hi I am currently living in Australia and am currently in the

Hi I am currently living in Australia and am currently in the process of divorcing my wife in England. As we have a couple of properties in negative equity, we have agree to sit on them together for a few years and therefore I plan to get the Decree Absolute but hold off on the clean break agreement untill the properties can be dealt with. My question is, if I get the Decree Absolute without a clean break agreement would my soon to be ex wife have any right to claim any of my future earnings or property. This is a concern as when I get the Decree Absolute I would like to buy a property in Australia.

Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you
In fact there is no reason to delay the Clean Break Order - you can simply ensure that the Order reflects the plan that you have made - this will ensure that any future assets you acquire are not at any risk - as they technically would be if you delayed
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information