JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.

My Siple Question of polygamy Will both my wives and their

Customer Question

My Siple Question of polygamy Will both my wives and their children be entitled entry clearance and right to settle in the UK.... if the second wife is here on tier 1-entrepreneur visa while the other one is in the UK:
a) as my dependant?
b) On her own visa like Student visa or Tier 4 – entrepreneur category visa?
In both the above cases, is my marriage to both of them considered legal and valid in the UK? Please note that both my wives have never ever even to the UK before.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You may get your first wife in as a dependent. The second would not be allowed in as your wife and would have to apply in her own right. The reason for this is that your second marriage will not be recognised in the UK as you are domiciled in the UK and no person domiciled in the UK has legal capacity to enter into a polygamous marriage even if the marriage took place in a country that does recognise polygamy.

See the following link to help you:

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No My domecile is not UK .. It is Pakistan and my both wife Domecile are also paksitan..

and my both wife never been in Uk before ...

I am comming to UK on Visit Visa....

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
What is the specific basis of your right to enter the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the Business Visit Visa ... which I use to come to UK .... on Visits for meetings and then I go back .. I can not stay more then 6 months at once...

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
In that case your dependants could accompany you provided that they satisfy the general visitor requirements which you can find here. They don't get automatic entry on your business visitor visa but they will get entry if they accompany you and satisfy the general visitor requirements: