Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

I am a mother with residence of one daughter aged 5. She has

Customer Question

I am a mother with residence of one daughter aged 5. She has visited and stayed with father for 2 years now. I have never changed or asked for anything but I have just notified ex that in 4 weeks time my grandmother and daughters great g mother is turning 80 and I would like daughter to attend family celebration. As it fall on his weekend contact I have proposed I have her for just a couple of hours on the Saturday dropping her back to him. He has not agreed. I have been very helpful to re arrange his contact, swapping dates etc and extra time for his family events and birthdays so am very disappointed. What do I do with him now?? Would the court allow me some time on the Saturday? Or could I drop her a day later as once in his care he will not allow her to attend?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes
, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that
case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer
would not be accurate.

Why has he not agreed? Is he actually refusing?
Has your solicitor written to him?

I need the full background details please. Thank
you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My ex is very angry, bitter, an unhelpful. Even thoughhe left us. He trys to turn tilly against me by telling her lies and bad things about us and family. he has a hard time understanding that tilly loves me and her um. he is very disrespectful to me, and after he left us, he took meto court for full residence. He just agree, says never help him out or give him extra time which is a lie because have email proof of being very helpful.

E and tilly are very unhappy and she come bk from visits and is brain washed, wonteven kiss me. this is heartbreaking. any way all would likeis tilly to see our nanny on her birthday and to be part of a celebration.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No have not contacted my solicitor afford it. deal with matters myself and am currently taking ex to court for not paying agreeed aount of maintence for the last year.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Is contact agreed in a consent order?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes after court case we have an order, everyother weekend and one night mid week and half of school holidays. birthday contact and everyother christmas day

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

In which case, the correct
process is to go to court and get a temporary variation of the order however
expect the judge to be less than sympathetic because in the
whole scale of things this is really no big deal as I am sure you appreciate.

You might consider simply
telling him what is happening and if he doesn't like it let him make the court
application and he is the one who will get his knuckles rapped by the judge for
wasting court time.

My suggestion would be to get
your solicitor to write him a letter telling him that this is what is going to
happen and why and that he doesn't like it, he should take advice.

Does that answer the
question? I am happy to answer specific points.

Can I help further?

Please
don't forget to positively rate my answer service (even if it was not what you
want to hear).

If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0
for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating. I

t doesn't give me, "a pat on the head", "good boy" (like ebay), it is my
livelihood!

If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little,
please ask.

I am
offline shortly until later today and will pick this up then

Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience: PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i wll do as you say, think its a good idea. will ask solicitor to contact him. many thanks

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.