Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

In a notice from the Land Registry covering the Crown Estates

In a notice from the Land Registry covering the Crown Estate's intention to register the mining and mineral rights under our land (reserved under the Inclosure Act 1800), part of our land is omitted from the area they are claiming. We have a conveyance dated around 100 years ago conveying the land and mines and minerals. Would it be a good idea for us to apply to register the mines & mineral in that parcel of land they have omitted to register?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
When the original notice was given did it cover this area?
Claire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, there is a plan with an areas tinted pink and we own a further part which is not tinted. No notice has been received in relation to that part. One element of our objection to the Land Registry with regard to the notice is that our conveyance includes mines and minerals (an objection which they have dismissed as groundless). So presumably if they are not claiming rights to this remaining parcel, those may well belong to us (perhaps that part of land was owned prior to enclosure). Only concern is that if we apply, it may prompt an attempt to counter and register those rights too - so other option is to wait until 13 Oct deadline had passed?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
You have a very clear grasp of the position and the options available to you.
If no application is made then the Rights are yours - and this cannot be challenged after October.
The lack of application could be an oversight (not unheard of) or it could mean that there is no claim possible (more likely)
Either way doing nothing at this stage is your best way forward
Claire
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience: 25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Claire

Yes, that makes sense.

I've appreciated your support on this very much!

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.