Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law

Hi Claire Got a problem with my ex again. There is a potential

Hi Claire

Got a problem with my ex again. There is a potential flat above my mum and dads annexe and he has been doing honey for bees in there all day and all night and banging and making a noise. I could hear some rowing outside and my oldest daughter came to see what was the matter. I couldn't hear much in the sitting room where I sleep but my mum and dad were shouting at my ex. After it finished he then came barging into my bedroom. I was in bed complaining about my mum and dad and threatening a court order to get them out. What can I do? I cannot stand much more stress and surely as they are my parents and I am the landlord too he cannot do anything without my consent? it should be use getting a court order to have him removed with his behaviour. Is there anything we can do because as he is being abusive and threatening?
Thank you for your question
He will not be able to evict your parents
You can make the application for an Ouster Order - but as we have discussed there is no guarantee of success I am afraid
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is an Ouster Order and how long does it take to get it?

An ouster order is used to force someone to leave a house -usually as a result of physical violence.
It is an emergency order which can be obtained at short notice - but sadly I do not think that he behaviour is bad enough that a court would actually exclude him from his home in this way
However if there is a flat above your parents could not that be used as an option
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is not ready to live in and needs plumbing, electricity, bathroom and kitchen sorted and I haven't got enough money to finish it.

That is a shame.