Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law

my brother passed away 21.2.2013 I had always been his next

my brother passed away 21.2.2013 I had always been his next of kin, but when he was taken ill the last time I found out that he had changed next of kin to a friend who lived next door but had moved away . She visited him and had him for Christmas lunch once or twice, when he died she was executer of the will and told me and my family that she had inherited everything, I have no problem with this if this is true thank you XXXXX
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
Did your brother own a property?
Do you have any idea what his estate is worth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Claire, He had a flat worth approx. £140,000 and approx. £42,000 in a bank account. Sorry for late reply had to go out, thank you

Then eventually the Will will have to go through Probate at which point it becomes a Public Document and you can get a copy - you can find out how here
If you feel that there may be a problem with the Will then you can file a Caveat - details here
Which will mean that the Executor will have to at least discuss the matter first
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good morning I think the probate has gone through all I want is a copy of the will.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello can you let me know if how and where I can obtain a copy of my brothers will please
If you are certain that probate has been obtained then you can obtain a copy using the process detailed here