Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Hi Claire. I seem to be stuck at the moment. My solicitor

Hi Claire. I seem to be stuck at the moment. My solicitor told me not to have mediation with my ex and tell he answers to my offer. His solicitor also hasn't agreed to the court costs for the main suit that the court ordered him to pay. My solicitor pointed out how costly ancillary relief will cost. Do we have to go through the process of ancillary relief to get the house sold?

claire :

Hi

claire :

Unless your ex agrees to the sale then a Court Order is the only option.

claire :

I can understand why your solicitor is saying mediation is not likely to work - it probably isn't but it makes sense to try.

claire :

Yes an ancillary relief application is potentially expensive - however it does lock you into a ctimetable.

claire :

The risk is that otherwise you will spend months negotiating and have to launch an application in any event.