Here we go again, problems with school decisions and Insets:
1. xxx has had his assessment and I have rang the deputy SENCO to ask what the outcome was. Academically they don't envisage any problems as he is capable, their only area of concern was his organisational skills (PE kit, locker he would get, etc). I have asked xxx how he feels about school2 having this in mind and he was still adamant he would try school1 and he would be careful with his organisation skills. He is aware of everything and has said that he told you as well he would want to do that. I think that is good for him because it prepares him for the real world and more typical environment, to become as independent as possible for future life. Rather than having someone constantly doing things for him, this way he should become more responsible and self supportive. If academically he can achieve good results with school2 (one of the most popular schools in xxxxx) then I support him with school2. If you have nothing to add to this by the end of today, then I will ring the LEA and confirm the change to school1. 2. I have been patiently waiting a whole month for your reply on xxxx's INSET days (next Monday 3.6 and Friday 28.6) so we can agree on time and you still haven't replied. Do you want to continue being with xxxx on Monday all day as a follow on from your weekend now (most logical and least disruptive for her) and she has the next one with me or the other way round or we are going to split both in half? I think an answer is well overdue. HER REPLY: 1. Since this is the first time I've heard about this and you kept me out of loop with the communication, I need more time to consider xxxx's options, so DO NOT ring anyone without my say so. 2. we'll split both days. You can collect xxxx from me this Monday @ 10am and I will collect her back from you @ 3pm.
MY REPLY BACK: 1. I did NOT "keep you out of the loop" of anything. You have been informed and had every chance to inform yourself all along. Its not my fault that you are laid back and not interested (or you had interests from Australia). I never stopped you from ringing the schools and asking the questions. The LEA needs to know asap. I know for a fact you've spoken to xxxx about this when he had the assessment on the 24.5 and you asked him "are you sure about thisi" - he told me so and I waited a week for you to make a move and see how we as parents help his future education. Nothing, from you for a week. I will wait until Monday and if you don't cooperate, I will not hesitate to take this to court. Its our son's future at stake. I have had legal advice on this as I now have on every other issue when it comes to dealing with you, so make a decision and be quick. This is not about me and you, its about xxxx! 2. I waited a whole month for you to give me an answer on this and you cannot dictate times in this way. Who do you think you are to rise above the law and give me 5 hours in a day, 10-3pm?!Its clearly not working with your obstructive and uncooperative behaviour and I will not argue over whether you will allow mine and our children's Court given rights to have HALF OF THE INSET DAY, so since you left if for so late to reply and are being obstructive: this is how we shall do it: I have an appointment on Monday at 1pm and your dictated time slot does not suit me you keep Mia on Monday and I will collect her on the 28th. If you try to deny me the right to collect her on the 28.6, I will act in accordance with the legal advice I have. You had a whole month to let me know and you chose to ignore the request to deal with this in a practical way.
HER REPLY: You have been warned by the police to refrain from using offensive comments and harassing me with your emails, yet you don't seem to take this seriously and comply with the PIN you have been issued.Your emails should be short and non-personal, and just about the children, NOTHING else. Do not threaten me with anything. 1. I spoke to xxxx today and we both agreed that he will be better off at school1, at least until xxxx starts to go to school2. So do not ring anyone and do not change any arrangements, I will confirm with school1 on Monday that he still has a place there. 2. that is not acceptable, I also had legal advice and I want to SHARE both inset days. Any deviation from the Court order has to be mutually agreed and I don't accept your proposal. Since both inset days are during school term when you would not normally get to see xxx at all (Monday and Friday which falls on my weekend), it is very reasonable of me to offer you to spend time with her during the hours that she would normally spend in school and that she comes back to me when she would normally be home after school. It isn't my fault that you have other commitments and that the time isn't suitable for you. You can bring her back to me and I can look after her during your appointment on Monday
Claire, any thoughts? BTW, police notices is made up info.
I have never been warned about anything, I merely just reply to her emails and contact her when I absolutely HAVE to!
Also, if the school times are 9-3.30 then i would cancel my appointment with my solicitor or arrange something, but she is dictating times being 10-3, just 5 hours? thats not sharing the day really...just when we start doing something, she would come and collect my daughter..!! Sorry for a longer message ;)