Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Hi Claire I put an offer in to my husbands solicitor and

Hi Claire

I put an offer in to my husband's solicitor and 14 days is up and they haven't replied. I had a call from a mediator yesterday saying my husband wanted to try mediation. I attended 2 months ago and both myself and mediation thought he didn't want to as he didn't reply. I feel that he is trying to stall everything so he doesn't have to sell the house. We can't get an appointment til 2 weeks and as you know it will soon be time to get the absolute. Should I go to mediation and waste even more time or do you think I should now go for ancillary relief asap? I am confused and don't know what to do but I personally want this sorted and I am concerned about how long it will take to go to court and the cost implication. What do you think I should do?
Hi
I actually would do both - agree to mediation but issue the application anyway - no time will be lost and if you do manage to reach a settlement then a Consent Order can be agreed.
I do appreciate the £240 is a lot of money - but in this matter it would be money well spent
I hope this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Claire