Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I have completed form E and court requires 2 weeks prior to

Customer Question

I have completed form E and court requires 2 weeks prior to first hearing any questions i have on other parties form e plus statement and chronology of events.
What do i include on statement and chronology?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you.
The Chronology is simply a list of relevant dates - from the dates of birth of each of you and any children and the dates of marriage, separation, issue of Divorce Petition etc etc.
The Statement of Issues is a list of those matters which you will ask the court to deal with - such as how much the matrimonial home is worth; whether it should be sold and how the proceeds should be divided.
Other issues might relate to pensions and maintenance - and also capital contributions to the marriage
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further clarification
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

as the other party have delayed proceedings, my pension has increased alot over past 4 years since we first separated, shall i state this in statement that court should consider original values as opposed to now?

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
HI
You may certainly ask this - but you need to be aware that the court always works with the values of assets at the time of the hearing
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you

with regards CSA, do they still exist and if so, as i have 2 children, is 20% of income the standard amount of can more be allocated as other party are stating high earners have to pay more

I have car allowance through work which i am taxed on but claim monthly. I have included in my income but trust the other party cannot claim against this as i need monies to fund car, travel, servcie, insurance etc

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi
Does your ex have an income of more than £2000 a WEEK net?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, she has income combined of benefits and earnings of around 2k per month excluding any maintenance

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi
The CSA do still exist and the payment will be 20% of your net income which I am afraid does include your car allowance.
However you may be part of the newest system which will mean that you pay 16% of your GROSS income - unless you earn more than £800 a week when it will be 12%
The new scheme is rolling out slowly this year
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Claire

If my outgoings on business travel use all of the car allowance, that means I am losing money by having to give the other party a % of my business allowance. will the judge consider this when reviewing?

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi
The Court cannot make an order for child maintenance unless it is agreed by both parties so in fact this will not be relevant
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

at first court hearing, will judge share their thoughts and suggest splits? also, will judge propose round table meeting etc to avoid costs for both parties

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
HI
No at the first hearing the Court will identify what further information is needed for the Financial Dispute Resolution Hearing at which some guidance will be given.
You can propose Mediation at any time
Claire