Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law

my wife asked me to leave the marital home 8 weeks ago saying

my wife asked me to leave the marital home 8 weeks ago saying she needed time and space 1week ago she told me she was calling it a day we have been together for four and half years married for two the house is hers and was when we met i have spent money decorating the home inside and out and left with only my clothes and tools we also have a credit card which is in her name that she wants me pay she tells me i am not entitled to anything as the house was hers when we met i told her i need all my money to find somewhere to live and buy a car is she right i am not entitled to anything
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further unformation first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 110 thousand? about 55 thousand ? outstanding both earn 1100 every 4 weeks approx

How much is outstanding on the Credit Card?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 4000

Do either of you have any savings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

May I ask - have you actually left the property?
Would you want to return there at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes she asked me to leave 8 weeks ago which i did to give her some time and space if she changed her mind about us yes i would return

You have an absolute right to return to the Matrimonial Home whenever you wish and live there so long as you remain married - unless your ex obtains an order excluding you form the property - usually because of violence.
Whilst your relationship was a relatively short one nonetheless you do have a financial claim on the matrimonial home - a small one but a clear one nonetheless.
Certainly the claim is sufficient to wipe out the credit card debt,
Whether a court would award you a further lump sum is less clear
I hope that this is of assistance - if you need further information then please ask