Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law

Hi I had a arranged marriage and been married for 10 years

Customer Question

Hi I had a arranged marriage and been married for 10 years with 2 kids age 8 and 2 I have just found out that my wife has had a daughter age 17 with a Muslim man before we got married I was never informed of this by her at all where does this stand in court
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
Do you wish there to be a divorce?
What is your major concern?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have started divorce proceedings it's only at the early stage my wife still is not telling me the truth on this matter but I have proof I feel like I have been lyed to for our entire marriage and my wife never paid a penny for anything eg kids private school mortgages etc etc and now she wants it to go to court and battle it out how does this stand up in court.. Also I have videos of her being nasty towards our kids and calling police to my house over nothing to get me evicted and locked up
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
The fact that she had previously had a child and not told you is likely to be seen as being Unreasonable Behaviour allowing you to divorce her.However it will have effect whatsoever on any issues regarding the financial issues or the children matters.
You should try and discuss these issues with your ex using Family mediation ( as this will be more effective than court proceedings.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ;et me know if you need further clarification