Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

My wife is applying for a settlement visa from outside the

My wife is applying for a settlement visa from outside the UKI have never had physical paper statements expect my bank statements have always be online, I have ordered copies of my bank statements (Premier Banking) and they have confirmed that they will be copies not originals and that they will stamp them and sign them.
According to UK Border agency these are not acceptable, is that correct??. It is very rare people have paper statements.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

You are correct that paper copies are required.

Obviously the banking sector is quite varied outside the UK, so if it is the case that your bank has not and will not issue original papers bank statement because this is their policy then you should do what you have done.

However, you should also get them to send you a letter explaining that you have requested them for the purpose of your wife’s application but that they physically cannot issue them and that therefore they provide the stamped copies that you are awaiting.

Provided you get the statements stamped and also a letter explaining why it is impossible for them to issue originals then you should be fine.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tom,

I am not sure which section to complete on the form. I do not work for a UK firm, the firm I work for (their office is in Italy, I work from home, and travel through out the world, as an international consultant. The app does give me an option to explain this.. Shall I get a letter from my employer confirming this and providing further clarification?

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Yes, get a letter from them and explain the position. In her covering letter to the application you can explain your working circumstances.

You shoudl use the covering letter to the application to sweep up or clarify any unclear points.

Thanks for rating my answer.

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor