Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

my partner and i have been threatend with not being able to

Customer Question

my partner and i have been threatend with not being able to see partners grand children, i have no connection with grand kids but partner has we are being dragged into a sepertion that we dont want tono about and is nothing to do with us
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Can we have the background details please?

Thanks

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
HI
How old are the children and what contact has your partner had with them in the past?
When did your partner last see the children and why is there a threat that contact will be withdrawn?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the children are 8yrs and 4yrs she has access daily looks after them school holidays and all so while parents work, partner has seen them this morning to take them to school,because mother of the childrens partner doe not like me he is jealous that i spend more time with them

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive just sent you information

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
HI
Do you mean that the father of the children is objecting?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the father of the child is objecting he does not like me and has threatend to stop both of us from seeing the children unless ivesaid i will not see them but its not fair on my partner as she is there grandmother and we are also being threatend by him

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
HI
Do you live with your partner?
Who does the child live with?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i live with partner kids live with parents

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi
How often do you have contact with the children and what are they actually asking you both to do?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive sent you enoth info on whats going on . i only want a answer not a inquostion for professinal people you seem slow in coming back with a answer not like the higp on you web page sorry to say that but its 5 30 in the morning and ive still not got a answer forget the question and close my account thanks

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi
I am sorry that you are not happy with the service but in order to give meaningful assistance it is necessary to get all the information that may be relevant.
In fact grand parents not only have no automatic right of contact with children - they do not even have an automatic right to apply to the court for contact - although the court can and usually does grant permission - especially where there is an existing relationship with the children.
However the position in this case seems unclear.
You have referred to you and your partner being dragged into a separation dispute - which is why I asked who the children lived with.
The fact that the children live with both parents suggests that this is not a straight forward matter of grandparents being dragged into a dispute between the parents.
If it were then the advise would be straight forward.
If the children were living with the parent who had no problem with the contact then it could simply go ahead - if not then she should either share the contact her child has with the children - or consider applying to the court for a defined contact order in her own right - which would inevitable be less contact than she has now
Equally if the restriction is on you and not your partner then the reason why is very relevant - as are the practicalities involved.
If you would like more detail then it would be helpful if you could explain which area is relevant
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry about the low mark as for grandparents rights we have none as for being threatend we have lots of choice what to do.we took 20mins for that advice and it was free it has not taken over 10hrs and ive had to pay once again im sorry for wasting your time and would like my account closed many thanks raymond willis

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Hi
Sadly the low mark only effects me - it is not necessary for the refund
I do have to say however that things are not as bleak as you have been
led to believe.
Given the close relationship which exists between your partner and the children if contact actually ceases she would have an excellent chance of convincing the Court that ongoing contact with her would be in the best interests of the children
I am not saying it would be easy - I am saying it would be successful
Please confirm that you want the refund and I will ask customer services to process it for you (no negative rating required!)
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i can confirm i would like a refund thanks again and sorry this one did not work out but i will re rate you after confamtion of refund if thats of any yous for you thanks