Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law

Customer Question

I've been divorced 18mths and am living in the marital home until it sells paying the mortgage and all bills. He moved out 18mths and is living with his new partner.
We a have an offer on the house , which would give him 3k short of the 20k he is adamant that he wants form the house sale. He is refusing to accept the offer - unless I pay him the 3k difference and the costs of sale. The house been on the market for 18mths and I'm keen not to lose the potential buyer.

In the midst of this we are re applying to court for the consent order , as we mistakenly believed this resolved Sep2011 and it turns out it wasn't. Although he signed the consent form he is now quibbling about the contents.

Where do I go from here, I want him out of my life , but fell blackmailed
There are no kids and we were married for 3 years

Many Thanks
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello. I think I can wait to talk to my solicitor by phone tomorrow.