Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

hi. we are with my husband together 16years but married 8.

hi. we are with my husband together 16years but married 8. before we got married my husband had a house (80000) and he has got 2daughters from firth relationship. we took mortgage for our house when he sold his and we still pay. He cheats on me but I don't have any proofs. I found out by messages on his mobile phone that she loves him and he loves her too. he denied sexual contacts with her and I manage to talk to her but she said she loves him but when I asked did you slept with him she just said: talk to your husband(didn't answear my question)but I m sure she did. He wants me out of the house . what can I do?in theory his part of the house is 80000 and house is worth 200000. its his fault that marriage broke up. how my financial situation looks like?
Hi
Thank you for your question.
I will do my best to assist but need some further information first.
How much is and how much is outstanding on the mortgage and do you have any children together?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we still have to pay 80000. we don't have any children. I earn 20000a year and my husband 22000.he was paying all the rates so far . is it matter that is his fault that marriage broke? I still love him and want to be with him

Hi
How much does a one bedroom property in the same general area cost and how old are you both?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

100000ap. I am 39 and my husband 44

Hi
Given the length of your relationship in the event of a divorce the equity in the matrimonial home will be divided equally between you - he will not get back "his" £80,000.
This should give you enough with a mortgage to rehouse yourself.
Since you both earn much the same you do not have a claim for spouse maintenance, although you may have a pension sharing claim if his pension is larger than yours
He cannot force you to leave the property - and if he tries to do so you can apply to the court forcing him to leave so that you can live there safely.
I hope that this assists - it is only an overview and you do need to get face to face advice, but feel free to ask for further clarification of necessary
Claire