Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

My wife and I are separated (Dec 12) and intend to divorce,

My wife and I are separated (Dec 12) and intend to divorce, we have 2 children aged 6 and 8. We are both in the Army and therefore will both gain pensions both lump sum and monthly sum. We also have a house which we let out, my wife lives in a military married quarter, i live in the officers mess.
It is quite amicable and my wife has agreed that she is happy with a clean break, divide the house equity in half and she will keep her pension i will keep mine. I will then pay a monthly maintenance figure 20% of net income towards the upbringing of the children.
Is a judge likely to view this as fair or will they seek to award her more in a consent order ?
Hi
Thank you for your question, I will do my best to assist you.
From what you have said there is no reason to think that a court will not see this as a reasonable settlement - unless there is a substantial difference in your pensions for instance or there is any immediate likelihood of your ex needing to leave the army and requiring accommodation.
Indeed even in those circumstances there is only a remote risk of the court upsetting what is clearly a well balanced agreement
I hope this is of assistance - please do not hesitate to ask for further clarification if required
Claire