Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hello Where can i get an attested passport copy so my fiance

Hello Where can i get an attested passport copy so my fiance can apply for a CNI in kenya?

Thanks for your patience.

You need to check whether they require a notarised copy of your passport, or simply a copy of your passport which is certified by a UK solicitor to be a true copy of the original.

You will be able to get a certified copy from a solicitor for about £7 simply by walking in to a local firm and asking for them to do it.

However, notaries are professionals (who are also usually also solicitors) which act specifically to verify documents for use abroad. They are more expensive (usually about £70 + vat per document. You can find notaries via:-

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,