How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7600
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

l got three kids the younger one didnt have resident card now

This answer was rated:

l got three kids the younger one didnt have resident card now my husband divorce me and lam apply for retention to continue stay can l add the younger one to the application

Where/when were the children born?

What nationality is the father of the children please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the three of them were born in uk here first one is 7/10/05,second 1/11/07,third one is 7/04/10 and the father nationality is potogise


Chances are that they are entitled to Portugese citizenship, you should check with a portuguese nationality lawyer to confirm this. If they are then you can simply apply for a Portugese passport for each of them and so this would not be an issue because they will have a right to be in the UK under their passports.

However, if you do not do this by the time you come to apply for retaining your rights then you can simply include them in your application and they will also be granted the same rights that you will be granted. Their status is no more in doubt that yours, they will be fine provided you include them in your applications (if you haven't got portugese passports for them at that time).
Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Family Law Questions