Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law

My ex-wife falsely told our 11-year old daughter I molested

Customer Question

My ex-wife falsely told our 11-year old daughter I molested her when she was 2 years old.
My daughter is distraught and doesn't call anymore. I told my daughter that her mother is lying. My daughter says she is confused. Now when I call them they don't answer the phone.
Do I have grounds to pursue charges against my ex-wife for emotional child abuse.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

I am sorry to hear about this .

Do you currently have custody/visitation Order from the Court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There are no legal arrangements regarding custody or visitation. My ex-wife has physical custody. My daughter and ex-wife live in London and have done so since 2007. I do understand I will need to get an attorney in London if I am to pursue filing charges for emotional child abuse, but wanted to get some guidance prior to doing so.
I have visited London to see my daughter in 2008, 2009, 2010, twice in 2011 and twice this year.
Thank you fior the information.

Since this question now pertains to UK Law, I would have to opt out and move it over to UK Family Law because I am only licensed to practice law in the U.S. I took your question because you had indicated that the case was relating to Maryland.

Please do not respond to me because doing so would delay a response from another Expert.

Goodluck with your case
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Your way forward is to apply to the court in the Uk for a defined contact order with your child.
These allegations will be dealt with within that application - but please be aware the polygraph will not be accepted in evidence
There are no criminal charges that can be brought I am afraid