Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

My friends ex-husband wants to divorce her, but she has to

My friend's ex-husband wants to divorce her, but she has to file the papers as she left him due to his violence towards her. Can she file for divorce without disclosing her address to her ex-husband. She is worried if he finds out where she lives he may again harass her.
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

She can withhold her address from the petition if she wishes, however if she is to do this then she will need to complete the Confidential Contact Detail form which is called Form C8.

She would complete form C8 and send it with the petition, they court should then withhold her address from her husband.

The form is available here:-
http://212.137.36.113/HMCSCourtFinder/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=2216

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If her ex files for divorce, then does she have to disclose her address to him.

She can keep it confidential in the same way.

However, he would have to serve the petition on her in some way. If he does this somehow but not at where she wants her address to be on the Courts records (confidentially) then she can ask the court to keep it confidential.

I have a meeting now for an hour, I will be able to answer follow-up upon return.

Thanks for rating my answer and for your very kind bonus

Tom