Awan-Legal
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
60469748

Childrens benefits

Dear Expert, I am a Russian Citizen on a highly skilled migrant Visa in the UK, with an annual salary of 80K per annum, my husband is a British Citizen with 60K per annum. We are expecting our first child in the UK this autumn and would like to know if we are eligible for any child benefits from the British State, any children's allowance that we are not aware of? Please advise. Dinara

Awan-Legal :

hi

Awan-Legal :

Although you cannot claim under your name, your husband is a British citizen and can therefore apply for benefits for his child where your financial circumstances will be taken into account but the benefits are addressed and paid to him alone - the only benefit he will qualify for though based on your household income is child benefit as this is non-means assessed.

Customer: Thanks do you happen to know how much it is per month?
Awan-Legal :

£20.30 per week