Awan-Legal
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
60469748

FDR is next week, but my soon to be ex hasnt provided/answered

FDR is next week, but my soon to be ex hasn't provided/answered my questionairre in full. He has also failed to declare that he owns 50% of a property with his brother. He has not had his business valued either as was instructed at the first hearing. It is costing me a small fortune. How is the court likely to respond? The marriage failed due to my soon to be ex fathering a child within our marriage and failing to tell me. I found out once the child reached the age of 11. Meanwhile I am still paying for a divorce. I also have our three children to look after and despite working full time am starting to stress.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 4 years ago.

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : The court has discretion to make a costs order against him for not giving full and frank disclosure, as well as not complying with court directions to provide certain financial information.
Awan-Legal : You should request that the court order full and frank disclosure.
Awan-Legal : If you ask for a cost order against the respondent, the court can order him to pay your legal costs etc or at least pay towards them.
Customer:

Thankyou. Much appreciated.