Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Please can you find out for me if my partner ever received

Please can you find out for me if my partner ever received his divorce absolute. He received his decree nisi from the Peterborough County Court number 92 D 913 on 14th October 1993. His name isXXXXX Many thanks.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Hi
Thanks for your question.
The Principal Registry of the Family division holds copies of all Decree Absolutes issued by the Courts in the UK. You can pay to search the register and for them to send you a copy of it.
Here is the guidance on how to do this:-
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Registeringlifeevents/Marriagesandcivilpartnerships/DG_175718

If no copy is held then this means that a divorce in the UK was never finalised.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom