Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I got with my ex 8 years ago she already had a daughter from

I got with my ex 8 years ago she already had a daughter from a previous relationship, i took that child on, she then shortly after had my child, we where on and off for about 4 years then broke up completly, i see both children every month, If she goes to the CSA will i have to pay for the child that isnt mine? i am not named on the birth certificate??

Thanks for your question.
If you are not the father of the child and you have not agreed Parental Responsibility formally or to support the child then she will not be able to seek child maintenance for you for this child.

The CSA can only enforce child support against parents of the child. You are not the parent and will not therefore have to pay child support in respect of the chlid
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So even though i still see the child and she calls me dad? she doesnt know i am not her real dad?

No, the fact that you are close does not mean you are legally regarded as the father of the child and therefore does not mean you are responsible to pay child support if you are not minded to.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much
No problem